2.19.2017

How I'm Really Doing...

Don’t ask me if I’m ok because the answer is obvious, I’m not.  I might be smiling but on the inside I’m numb, shell shocked, barely comprehending that your mouth is moving and you’re speaking to me.  Don’t tell me it’s going to be all right.  It will, eventually but that doesn’t mean its ok now.

Sometimes, I just cry.  I don’t need a reason.  Maybe you could stop staring uncomfortably at everything except me.  I’m human.  I’m in pain.  Just because you pretend not to see it doesn’t mean it has gone away.

I’m not okay.  I will never be okay.  Accepting God’s plan and purpose for your life doesn’t mean you’ll ever be okay.  It just means the walk of faith is uncomfortable.  Don’t pity me.  I’ve been blessed enough for many life times.  Save it for those who truly need it. 

I am weary.  My tears have worn me to the bone.  Who will carry my burdens and let me rest my head?  Will you?  Will he, she, or it?  Will they?  So why do you waste your breath, precious oxygen to ask me if I’m ok when the answer is obvious as the nose on your face.  I will never be okay again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment